Electronic Recording - eRecording
Are you eRecording your land documents yet? If not, you are missing out on the most cost effective, efficient, and secure method for recording your land documents.
eRecording, is the process of transmitting real property documents electronically to the local government entity charged with recording and maintaining public records. The process is similar to traditional recording except that documents are submitted within minutes without ever leaving your home or office, and recorded documents are returned back to you electronically within seconds after the recording process.
The Benton County Circuit Clerk's Office has been eRecording since 2008. Currently, we are recording more than 90% of the county's official public records electronically.
Advantages of eRecording
- Savings! Time, postage, labor, materials, consumption of fuel, electricity and courier costs.
- Safer! Security encryption, less fraudulent, fewer document errors and rejections, along with document tracking.
- Faster! Faster recording of the documents and faster problem resolution.
- Streamlined Payment! Elimination of payment errors as funds are transferred using Automated Clearing House (ACH) for the recording fees and a nominal fee that is paid to the vendor for this process.
- Tracking! Improved tracking of documents. Never again will you lose sight of your documents as you can know exactly when your documents are submitted, viewed, rejected and/or recorded.
The Benton County Circuit Clerk's Office is pleased to offer eRecording through the vendors listed below. Please note that the Benton County Circuit Clerk's Once is prohibited from recommending any certain vendor. For your convenience, we have included a hyperlink to the vendors so that you may easily research each in order to determine which vendor best suits your personal and/or professional needs:
eRecorded documents will be recorded between the hours of 8:00am- 4:15pm. All documents received after 4:15pm CST will be processed the following business day.
For more information, please feel free to contact
Brenda DeShields, Benton County Circuit Clerk/Recorder
or Villi Mercado, Recorder's Office-Administrator
We can both be contacted at (479)271-1017.